I’m at a flooring convention in Houston using Skype video… but I’m alone! Of the thousands of professionals, the best of the best in flooring, no one else is using video conferencing to relay information to their teams… some of them many thousands of miles away.
The flooring industry is in need of a tech shot in the rear!
Here is how I use Skype video in one area of business – retail flooring:
- communicating with the team when off-site at conventions & other corporate events
- involving an out-of-town spouse/partner in a buying decision in our showroom
- reviewing documents instantly
- staying in-touch with my family while traveling
- relaying messages (if a picture is worth a thousand words… what’s a video worth?)
- staying in-touch with remote sales agents (as far away as Guam… no kidding!)
Just ask Lizette Fitzpatrick how Skype works for her business. Click on her image for a story about how she uses Skype in her Kentucky-based real estate business:
Now, if you are currently using Skype for business, consider Skype Manager.
With Skype manager, you can:
- Create accounts – easily set up accounts for every employee; you can even do this in bulk by importing a CSV file of employees
- Allocate Skype Credit – centrally manage balances and automatic top-ups; it’ll automatically convert into your employees’ local currencies
- Assign features – turn features like online numbers, call forwarding, subscriptions or voicemail on or off by individual accounts
- Analyse usage – get real-time reporting about Skype usage and costs
Here is the Skype for Business blog post for more information.
So, rock that Skype!
All the best,